Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JYCH

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
Anyone received their frost feather case yet? I ordered mine on April20th, and they still haven't shipped out my case. I'm very unhappy about it..:mad:

please post some pics if you received yours. thx

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Does the Feather cover the bezel? I would think not because it's a snap on case but have not seen one in person so I don't know for sure.

Penn Weizen

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2010
According to their Twitter feed, the Frost is due out on June 14th. I just chatted with a service rep, asking if the Frost was made of the same material as other Feathers. I was worried that the Frost might not have the same "soft touch" feel that the others have. She wasn't sure since she hasn't seen one yet, but thought that it wouldn't. She said the Frost for the iPhone is closer to the typical hard polycarbonate shell than to the other Feathers (can anyone confirm this?) and expected the iPad version to be the same. However, the description of the Frost on their website claims that is does have the soft touch matte finish. So basically, I didn't get any new info. :confused:

JYCH

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
According to their Twitter feed, the Frost is due out on June 14th. I just chatted with a service rep, asking if the Frost was made of the same material as other Feathers. I was worried that the Frost might not have the same "soft touch" feel that the others have. She wasn't sure since she hasn't seen one yet, but thought that it wouldn't. She said the Frost for the iPhone is closer to the typical hard polycarbonate shell than to the other Feathers (can anyone confirm this?) and expected the iPad version to be the same. However, the description of the Frost on their website claims that is does have the soft touch matte finish. So basically, I didn't get any new info. :confused:

Talked to their customer service last week and I was told the frost will be available on the 18th(last friday), but I still haven't received any email regarding my order yet (ordered mine in April). They just keep lying to me, i'm pissed!:mad::mad::mad:

TheLee

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2006
i was going for the frost but then i liked the charcoal look better so i placed an order for it.

if anyone's interested, amazon now has the non-frost colors in stock at decent discounts (and if you're a prime member you get free 2-day shipping) - definitely worth doing over the original site (i got my charcoal for 27 bucks with some change).

TheLee

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2006
i just got my feather case and dayumn what a nice looking case. the included screen protector is kind of a joke (makes reflections/glare more severe), so i'll just be keeping the screen nekkid. otherwise, though, it has a really nice feel, helps a bit with traction, and is really svelte.

JYCH

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
i just got my feather case and dayumn what a nice looking case. the included screen protector is kind of a joke (makes reflections/glare more severe), so i'll just be keeping the screen nekkid. otherwise, though, it has a really nice feel, helps a bit with traction, and is really svelte.

You got frost feather case? can u post some pics? thanks!!

lacker

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
Sweet, thanks. I hate bulky cases, they ruin the elegant feel of the device.

This threads is getting too quiet, time to lighten it up. My apple shop will be receiving stock for this case next week so can't wait ! Going to be getting the black one, but just a quick check. Anyone having issue with the case fitting the iPad 3G model ?

lacker

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
Sounds good, I, getting a Fabrix Magic Sleeve as well to go along with it. Hoping it will fit just nicely.

lacker

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
I have a black one but I have yet to try it. Is the screen film any good?

Heard from someone that the screen shield that comes with it makes the glare worst so not so recommended. Anyway I got the black one too and using it right now. Got a nice grip to it but think I'm too used the the thinness of the iPad naked.

Luckout

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
If you are looking for the frost, this seller has a bunch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200504905400&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I made an offer that was immediately accepted, I received it yesterday. The seller shipped quickly and its free. No, I'm not the seller and have no affiliation whatsoever.

I won't reveal what my offer was, because I don't want to undermine the seller. I thought the buy it now price was pretty good, but decided to see if I could get it a little cheaper...YMMV. Hope this helps.

lacker

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
If you are looking for the frost, this seller has a bunch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200504905400&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I made an offer that was immediately accepted, I received it yesterday. The seller shipped quickly and its free. No, I'm not the seller and have no affiliation whatsoever.

I won't reveal what my offer was, because I don't want to undermine the seller. I thought the buy it now price was pretty good, but decided to see if I could get it a little cheaper...YMMV. Hope this helps.

Post some pictures, honestly I hsve never seen to frost yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.