Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blindside

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
This might sound strange, but is there a way to increase how much Apple Maps zooms out during navigation with CarPlay?

Even if I am driving fast, the maximum view distance on the map is about 1km (compared to about 11km with google maps).

I think to remember faintly, that Apple Maps used to zoom out much more earlier!?

I know that there is the option to overview the whole route in 2D with the toggle on the upper right, but I would actually like to have the 3d view to zoom out more.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
This might sound strange, but is there a way to increase how much Apple Maps zooms out during navigation with CarPlay?

Even if I am driving fast, the maximum view distance on the map is about 1km (compared to about 11km with google maps).

I think to remember faintly, that Apple Maps used to zoom out much more earlier!?

I know that there is the option to overview the whole route in 2D with the toggle on the upper right, but I would actually like to have the 3d view to zoom out more.

I guarantee that if you post in the thread I link to below, you’ll get lots of thinking on this topic!

Apple Maps Thread - iOS 15

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.