Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Is this possible to do and how if I don't have my phone in the same room

Thanks

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I'm assuming you're using a Bluetooth headset then? Simply adjust the volume using the headset.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this was the AirPods subforum. Say, "Hey, Siri, turn the volume up".

Last edited:

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Is this possible to do and how if I don't have my phone in the same room

Thanks
I don‘t think so. It’s odd that it can’t even be done with an Apple Watch, like one can with music or other audio. Seems like an oversight on Apples part unless someone else has a solution.
I'm assuming you're using a Bluetooth headset then? Simply adjust the volume using the headset.
This is an AirPods thread so their question is most likely regarding their AirPods.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
This is an AirPods thread so their question is most likely regarding their AirPods.

Oops! I always browse the forum using the "New Posts" or "Unanswered Threads" filters, so sometimes I forget to check the sub-forum ?

But can't you just say, "Hey, Siri, turn up the volume" like you can with music, etc? I guess that's a bit awkward, though, if you have another person actively on the line, since there's no way to mute your mic from the AirPods themselves. It sure would be cool if Apple allowed you to adjust the volume by sliding your finger up and down the stem button.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Oops! I always browse the forum using the "New Posts" or "Unanswered Threads" filters, so sometimes I forget to check the sub-forum ?

But can't you just say, "Hey, Siri, turn up the volume" like you can with music, etc? I guess that's a bit awkward, though, if you have another person actively on the line, since there's no way to mute your mic from the AirPods themselves. It sure would be cool if Apple allowed you to adjust the volume by sliding your finger up and down the stem button.
Yeah, I think Siri is supposed to be the method, but it would be awkward to interrupt a conversation that way, especially if it’s business.

etaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Airpods Pro latest version - Exactly guys and Hey Siri while on a call doesn't appear to work either. Can one of you try?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Airpods Pro latest version - Exactly guys and Hey Siri while on a call doesn't appear to work either. Can one of you try?

Yeah, I just tried and it doesn't seem to work. In fact, Siri doesn't seem to respond to anything when on a call.

Is there a particular reason why you couldn't just have your phone with you or at least just move to your phone to adjust the volume?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.