Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad cow disease

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
I am using iPad Pro 10.5 with a Bluetooth keyboard and am getting incredible amounts of lag when I try to enter text into any office suite program - Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. I’m not talking a few fractions of a second, on the order of 3-4 seconds, sometimes with the program locking up completely for 5-10 seconds if I’ve entered a block of text. Quitting out of the app and restarting it does nothing, and I can’t seem to reliably replicate the issue.

It just comes out of the blue and it is a huge pain for me because this is a laptop replacement and it’s unusable for that purpose.

Any suggestions besides ditching the Microsoft crap ware?

mad cow disease

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
One solution might be to get a keyboard that uses the smart connector rather than Bluetooth.

It isn't a Bluetooth issue. The BT keyboard doesn't produce any lag in applications besides the occasional Microsoft application. Neither is it consistent.

This isn't an issue of processing power (it's an iPad Pro) or the mode of connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.