Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I have an Adobe CC subscription and am using version 18.2.1 of Indesign.

However, for a client of mine, I need to do some work in version 16.4.3 of Indesign. I have contacted Adobe support and they have provided me with the installer for version 16 of Indesign.

The person I chatted with at Adobe support said that I should uninstall the latest version first (18) before installing version 16, as it may cause some conflicts. He also confirmed the older version will not prompt for a password.
I failed to ask him whether the older version would be picked up by the Adobe software agent so I could perhaps update version 16 to 16.4.3.

Does anyone have any experience running two different versions of Indesign (or other Adobe apps) side by side ? Will version 16.4.3 run on Ventura on my M1 Macbook Pro (Rosetta mode) ? Anything else I should be aware of ?

scubachap

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2016
UK
I cant' answer re your M1 but on my (somewhat older) machines I tend to leave multiple versions of the same Adobe apps - and can happily run them all at once if I wanted to. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Reactions: Dr. McKay
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.