Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleeperjeff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2020
texas
I just installed .3 and now there are index tabs with numbers to the left of each drop-down menu such as the file menu, view menu etc. VERY annoying and they seem too bog the computer down, and linger on the desktop and become misplaced after a while. I have a MacMINI 2018 with 32 GB and the i7 and it seems to slow the machine down. don't know what to do. I can't do a screen shot because they disappear.

sleeperjeff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2020
texas
Heres a pic of what the drop-down menu looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_5428.HEIC.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 279

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You're showing a bookmarks menu in Safari.
Does that item numbering happen only in Safari?
There's a large number of "Experimental Features" in the Safari Develop menu. Is there any possibility that you have changed any of the settings in that experimental menu? I don't know what some of those features even do.
Does it go away when you quit Safari?
(I'm not trying to be annoying about this, just trying to pin down the "menu item numbering" to just one app that you might usually have open, like Safari --- or not related to any one app, and you see it system-wide, even with ALL apps closed/quit. ) (?) (?)

sleeperjeff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2020
texas
BINGO! It was voice control. I must have inadvertently hit the shortcut to turn it on, maybe with a MIDI controller? IDK but I did see that microphone icon and didn't' know what that was ( I could see it respond to my guitar signal) but I didn't connect it with the other issue. Thanks so much! You're genius.

And that makes sense when I use my digital audio app it slowly bogs down I guess due to the audio monitoring function of voice control.

Again Thanks for the help everyone!

Jeff

Reactions: DeltaMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.