Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

I'm learning to use Numbers to make graphs. Basic graphs are ncie and all, but I have a dataset where values don't all have the same error/uncertainty. I know Numbers allows us to set general error bars for an entire dataset, but can I give single cells their own uncertainty value?

Thanks!

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
You (probably should) have an additional column with the error values. Use the »Custom« option for error bars and instead of typing a fixed value into the field that would apply to the entire dataset, type in an address range for cells containing your point-by-point error values. Easier yet is to put the cursor in the error field and then use the mouse pointer to select the range in your table.

Reactions: Loa

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
You (probably should) have an additional column with the error values. Use the »Custom« option for error bars and instead of typing a fixed value into the field that would apply to the entire dataset, type in an address range for cells containing your point-by-point error values. Easier yet is to put the cursor in the error field and then use the mouse pointer to select the range in your table.
Thanks! That last tip worked very well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.