Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaryDEV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
Hi Everyone,

(Hope this is the correct thread)

I am signing up to an individual developers licence in the UK. I have been coding many years now but within companies and joint ventures.
Now as I have wanted to go alone and test the market with my apps, a few questions have been popping up.

1). How do I pay tax as an individual, self assessment as a sole proprietor?
2). Do Apple pay you where tax is already calculated and then it simply needs declaring, or will I be taxed again from HMRC?
3). Can I then forward some profit onto other people who might potentially work with me?

Sorry for being vague on the matter, I have always been working under particular companies and never had this exposure, however this is the route i want to take so trying to find answers.

Hope you can help!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I suggest you speak with a local tax accountant. Getting tax advise on the internet may not be the best approach.

GaryDEV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
Thanks, I have a meeting with an accountant on Friday. I am confident he will be able to sort my issues out.
Just wondered if there is anything I need to take extra care with.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thanks, I have a meeting with an accountant on Friday. I am confident he will be able to sort my issues out.
Just wondered if there is anything I need to take extra care with.

If there is, I'm sure he'll cover it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.