Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatTechGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2012
I have a website I have to use for work and I cannot get it to load on my MB pro today. I am running Ventura 13.4 and Safari 16.5. When I go to the website on Safari it loads a blank white page and on Chrome is tells me the page couldn't be loaded. I have cleared my history and cache on Safari. Quit and relaunched it. Tried multiple WiFi networks/mobile hotspot. Disabled VPN. I have been able to go to the website from my iPhone on the same network which leads me to believe it's an issue related to my MB Pro. Any tips?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Could still be the website; many sites use browser detection & direct user to a mobile vs. desktop version of the site. And the desktop version could be borked.

ThatTechGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2012
Could still be the website; many sites use browser detection & direct user to a mobile vs. desktop version of the site. And the desktop version could be borked.
I’ve actually been working with the development team for this website as they are launching a new app and I’m helping test it. I asked them this morning if they’re aware of any issues with the desktop version and they said everything is good on their end.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Have you tried any other browsers, just to see if the results are the same?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Have you tried the 'curl' command in a Terminal window to see what happens? It has a verbose option that will show more detail. You can also specify a brower-identifier string to send.

Have you tried any of the web-developer tools in Safari or Chrome? I think Safari can still show a timeline of when resources are requested, and replies. I think they both allow changing the browser identifier string: set it to match the one sent by the iPhone.

ThatTechGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2012
I was able to load the website on a different machine using Chrome. I only have Safari and Chrome installed on my MB Pro. I’ll install another browser and try it.

ThatTechGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2012
Figured it out. I toggled this setting off in the Nord VPN app and it allowed the website to load.

Attachments

• IMG_6679.png
    IMG_6679.png
    397.2 KB · Views: 56
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.