Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mamcx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I'm building a mobile POS system (to be released worldwide in 2-3 months) and a local customer is interested on it.

He have a factory (sell ice cream) and need that the iPhone be inside a industrial-grade case, shock resistant, that can be droped & kicked & survive ;). Is for heavey-duty so is not a problem if is ugly. Can be similar to the ones that are availble to palm & wince. Cost is not a issue. If can embed a printer will be great!.

Actually have a (outdated) Palm deployment and want replace all of them with my solution.

Part of the workforce is inside the factory and the other travel to visit customers, so in the inside is more important that be protective (no issue if is heavy) and outside then is important that is protective but small.

Also, if "hide" the iPhone so don't look like a expensive gadget better (some salesman travel to areas where thiefs also work ;)).

mamcx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Do I understand you correctly?

You have developed a POS program for the iPhone OS that has print capacity via the dock port?

This would be a first!

No, but *if* the case allow carry the printer, is a plus, beause I'm looking in doing that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.