Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I downloaded this app when it first launched. The idea of posting Postit-type notes on an infinite noticeboard looked fun, though not especially useful. And that's exactly what it was: fun but a bit pointless because there was no way to export my notes. They were trapped within the app itself.

Not any more.

An update has just been released which allows the notes to be exported in multiple ways: by email, as a photo, PDF, jpeg, png, doc, text only, as an image of the board itself... Suddenly I know how I'm going to use this. Now I can copy long texts into those sticky notes as if they were windows or notepaper, and display them on different boards ("notebooks"). I can organize my writing in a unique way.

The font and everything else is editable.

If there's one thing I'd like to see it's the ability to paste images as well as text. I have a feeling that this feature will come, it's an obvious next step.

It would also be a good idea to make the "post it" look just one optional skin. By allowing the user to change the background image to something more plain or formal, or a picture of our choosing, and make the notes themselves look more formal or notepad-like, this app could compete with some of the best note-taking apps in the store. That change, followed by a change to a less colorful icon, would make a big difference.

Anyway, this is a nice app with a lot of new potential.

John Paul

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
Washington DC
I had never known about this app before but I went to the App Store and checked it out (some nice screenshots there) and I must say, I'm impressed. I'm a bit of a scrooge when it comes to paying for apps (guess I'm spoiled that so many apps, even good apps, are free) but this one might be one I spend a couple of bucks to buy.

Thanks for the tip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.