Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bladerunner616

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2014
I am trying to be less distracted by my phone so I thought of getting a fitness tracker to collect data to send to my Apple Health app for use with Noom.

I get up and walk around to different rooms at work but I would like to leave my phone in my desk to avoid distractions and just have the phone collect the data from the tracker every now and then.

As I understand it at least some fitness trackers alert you to phone calls so I was hoping to be able to get notifications and if a call was important to be able to run to my desk and answer it.

Is this doable, please? Thanks.

TGM85

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2005
The best health and fitness tracker in the Apple ecosystem is the Apple Watch, it will work just fine with the iPhone SE 2020.

Reactions: kitKAC and akash.nu

bladerunner616

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2014
I ended up with a Fitbit Inspire 3. Great battery life, it was within my budget and the performance and features are an excellent match for me.

Reactions: bobsax

bobsax

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
I ended up with a Fitbit Inspire 3. Great battery life, it was within my budget and the performance and features are an excellent match for me.
I had the Fitbit charge 2 . I’ve been trying to get the Apple Watch to work for me. I really don’t want my iPhone on my watch I already have an iPhone… and the watch settings are just ridiculous. One of the settings is called complications… Because they make the watch complicated… What marketing 🙄I was thinking of buying the Fitbit charge 5… What made you go with the inspire 3?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.