Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ironhide0427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
When using Mac Virtual Display, every now and then I'll get an error message on the window saying "Input Temporarily Not Working....Trying to Reconnect". Is anyone else getting this message?

I use a separate Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse for the MBP. They still work even if the message is showing.

dhershberger

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2018
Ohio
I commonly get this message in the same scenario. Often, while the message is displayed, everything is still working. I just chalk it up to being a bug.

Reactions: Dovahkiing

Eugr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
Got this a couple of times. You can still control the Mac, but can’t use its trackpad to control VP apps. Disconnecting and reconnecting to the Mac fixed it.

Weezimp

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2024
Pittsburgh
Me too. Using M2 MacBook Air, on my lap. I am also using a Wacom Intuous Pro via Bluetooth connected to the Mac. Sometimes it seems the tablet input is stalled, sometimes not. Sometimes the message stays for a while, sometime it flickers a bit.

ironhide0427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
I'm now on 1.1 Beta 2 and still getting this error message. Airpods connected to my Mac has also been disconnecting frequently. Apple needs to work stabilizing connection between the Mac and avp including all devices connected to both.

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Bluetooth bugs with Mac Virtual Desktop. Restarting both devices might fix it. Definitely need Apple to fix this.

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
I found this somewhere else, but it has worked for me. Change your 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel to channel 149 and the problem resolves itself.

rhsauer

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2006
I just upgraded both my MacBook Air and Mac Mini to MacOS 14.4 and the dreaded “input temporarily not working” seems to be much improved when using Mac Virtual Desktop on both. In several hours use, I’ve had one “input temporarily not working” message, and it went away almost immediately. Wondering if others are seeing the same thing.

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
I just upgraded both my MacBook Air and Mac Mini to MacOS 14.4 and the dreaded “input temporarily not working” seems to be much improved when using Mac Virtual Desktop on both. In several hours use, I’ve had one “input temporarily not working” message, and it went away almost immediately. Wondering if others are seeing the same thing.
Unfortunately on Friday my experience was the opposite. Rarely got it on 1.0.3 but was getting it a lot on 1.1. To be fair, didn’t try restarting the Mac (or updating to 14.4) because I was busy with meetings. Haven’t used AVP with virtual desktop over the weekend, hoping the restart i did at the end of day on Friday or software update I’ll do this afternoon fixes it.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Super annoying - I haven't updated my mac yet, but my AVP is on 1.1 and I still get it.

The biggest annoyance is that this should be displayed in the AVP and not by the mac. Because I'll be typing into another app in visionOS using my mac keyboard, then it'll randomly stop...then I look over to the mac and see that I'm about to send my password into a public slack channel.

Dovahkiing

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2013
I commonly get this message in the same scenario. Often, while the message is displayed, everything is still working. I just chalk it up to being a bug.
Same here

And if you go into software update, you'll see there is no Public Beta - it's just Release and Developer. When things like this happen to me, I chalk it up to the Release visionOS 1.x being essentially the public beta

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.