Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mixacus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2023
Hello, I originally upgraded my unsupported mac using Open Core Legacy Patcher(iMac 9,1 early 2009) from MacOS El Capitan 10.11 to MacOS Monterey 12.6.6. In settings I was given a prompt to upgrade to MacOS Ventura and out of curiosity did. As of now whenever I go into my mac none of my inputs work, from Bluetooth to Wired nothing will make an input. Mouses won't move the cursor and the wireless keyboard (albeit it is off-brand) will not write. Is there a way I can revert to the prior MacOS Monterey or do I need something external like a USB hub to plug my devices into. Any help is appreciated

Mixacus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2023
Erase disk and install 12.6 with OCLP USB install created with latest OCLP. Then recover from last Monterey backup (Migration Assistant).
Do you think you can provide a tutorial of sorts. I did hear that the official website for OCLP recommends using a USB 2.0 hub for things to work.

Mixacus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2023
Erase disk and install 12.6 with OCLP USB install created with latest OCLP. Then recover from last Monterey backup (Migration Assistant).
I was also thinking re-installing Mac OS El Capitan (last officially supported OS on my end) with a USB bootable

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Do you think you can provide a tutorial of sorts.
I think you should use the OCLP documentation for this.
I was also thinking re-installing Mac OS El Capitan (last officially supported OS on my end) with a USB bootable
Good idea.
Just make sure that anything you need to keep (documents, photos, etc.) are saved to an external HFS+ disk before going backwards. El Capitan will be unable to read anything formatted as APFS. If you have other computers, copy anything important to them.

Mixacus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2023
I think you should use the OCLP documentation for this.

Good idea.
Just make sure that anything you need to keep (documents, photos, etc.) are saved to an external HFS+ disk before going backwards. El Capitan will be unable to read anything formatted as APFS. If you have other computers, copy anything important to them.
I have an external backup. Im thinking using a) an official recommended fix (using usb 2.0/3.0 hubs and applying them to the machine until I install post-root patches) or b) re-installing Mac OS X El Capitan from a bootable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.