Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mathias Denichi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
My work flow includes a healthy amount of using Web Inspectors such as Chrome's Elements or Firebug for web design and debugging. I've tried using the iPad air 2, with keyboard, as a light weight web coding machine for sites, but came up short due to lack of web inspecting.

I have used a few third party browsing apps with a web inspector similar to firebug, but they ended up continually crashing, or just being downright horrible. Is there any news on future apps or apps that currently allow the new iPad pro to do this? As of now, safari only allows you to web inspect on the ipad when connected through a lightning cable to OSX Safari.

This is actually a big deciding factor for me between the iPad pro and the Surface Pro 4, and a reason I sold my Air 2. If any one has insight of how I could do this on an iPad, that would be great!

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
The ipad pro isn't getting a new operating system, it's just a bigger Ipad with some tweaks and gimmicks. The same safari, unless updated will give you the same inspection elements. I too provide web develop services, i don't forsee this ever coming to the mobile apple side, their is no need, and quite frankly it would be annoying, unless split screen worked, and in theory it could, as you'd be using dual safari app's, however, if / when other browsers come that can do this, which i'vebeen tinkering with the idea of building myself, it would have to meet the guidelines in order to use split screen.
A lot of things have to " come together " to give you what you want, and i don't foresee that happening yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.