Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeechFlyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm building a new website in Dreamweaver in which I'd like to automatically include the newest content from my own Instagram account. If Instafeed.js still a good way to do this, given the evolution of restrictions for the Instagram API?

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
I'm building a new website in Dreamweaver in which I'd like to automatically include the newest content from my own Instagram account. If Instafeed.js still a good way to do this, given the evolution of restrictions for the Instagram API?
maybe short term, but in a few months you'll have to go with the facebook/instagram API anyway, so you might as well go that route already now.

BeechFlyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
Thank you, olup.

Can you please point me at a FaceBook URL for a starting point? What I've found is either the Instagram Graph API, which seems to apply to medium and larger business accounts only, or the Instagram API Platform which is being deprecated.

Is the Graph API what I should look into? Or is there another one I haven't run across yet?

Thanks again!

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
Thank you, olup.

Can you please point me at a FaceBook URL for a starting point? What I've found is either the Instagram Graph API, which seems to apply to medium and larger business accounts only, or the Instagram API Platform which is being deprecated.

Is the Graph API what I should look into? Or is there another one I haven't run across yet?

Thanks again!
I haven't found anything worthwhile other than what you found. All the third party stuff will only be a temporary fix, which might work for you till the integration of instagram into Facebook is complete.

What are you trying to achieve? Fetching the data from the endpoint and display it on the page?
If so, you might still be able to use instafeed/instagram api for the time being.

BeechFlyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
What are you trying to achieve? Fetching the data from the endpoint and display it on the page?
If so, you might still be able to use instafeed/instagram api for the time being.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'll give Instafeed a try and use it until it stops working - then reorient myself.

Thank you again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.