Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben_000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
I have an Iphone6 and was running iOS 8.4. Last night Instagram started crashing as soon as the app was started. I'm not very technical, but I have done the following:

Deleted and reinstalled the app Ver 7.7
Checked the Phone region settings are correct
Updated the iOS to 9
I checked the account via the web...its all fine

The phone has no jailbreak and no unusual apps. Nothing was installed or tweaked before the failure, it just started crashing.

All other apps are stable!

I can't log in now because the p'word screen crashes as soon as you select enter. I cant report the crash via the app as it.... crashes!

I use IG for work a lot and its driving me nuts. Can anybody offer a suggestion as to whats gone wrong?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I was trying to change my email and password via the app. It did register the change of email but took ages to send the authentication email and was giving me a notice that my Board could not be found or something to that effect. It wouldn't let me enter a request to reissue my password. It was just acting flaky. But I was able to log in via Facebook. I dont even remember creating my account via FB but who knows. Oh sorry, I'm on IPhone 6S Plus running the latest release of iOS. And Instagram was newly downloaded. I haven't logged in or out of Instagram in months so I can't isolate when their problems started.

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
It's just probably the app. They just released a new download this morning... More than likely to do with a bug fix for your problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.