Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pw5a29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Coventry, United Kingdom
Anybody else having the same issue where they lost all the notifications after switching to iPhone 12 (or new iPhone)?

Yes, every setting were checked, tried reboot, re-login, reinstall app etc.

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
Anybody else having the same issue where they lost all the notifications after switching to iPhone 12 (or new iPhone)?

Yes, every setting were checked, tried reboot, re-login, reinstall app etc.

You need to remove the app and reinstall. Been an issue on iPhone for years

Alpina

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
Same here, I’ve tried everything I can think of up to and including restoring the phone, iPad works just fine...

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
Several times albeit never post restoring the phone though, will try right away...

You have to do it AFTER you load a backup or restore the device.

It’s a weird notification issue. If you restore from a backup and DONT uninstall Instagram and re download it notifications won’t work. It’s been like this for at least a year or 2 now.

My security camera app is the same way.

pw5a29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Coventry, United Kingdom
tried every way possible, no luck.....

Searched online and it seems to be a widespread issue, people said the only fix is to restore but not recover backup.... which is a huge hassle....

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
I had the same issue for years. And removing and reinstalling the app has always worked for me. Make SURE your choosing allow when it asks you to allow notifications as you can’t change it later only after signing in.

rmm41486

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2012
Michigan
I had the same issue for years. And removing and reinstalling the app has always worked for me. Make SURE your choosing allow when it asks you to allow notifications as you can’t change it later only after signing in.
Tried that several times and for whatever reason it will not work still.

nickolight

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2021
For a long time I tried everything I could !!! I gave up this idea more than once! I found the solution by chance, without even really hoping!

In the Instagram settings - there is the "Accounts Center". After I enabled / configured it - notifications started working!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.