Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geohei

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
Hi.

I have an app on my iPhone X (iOS 15.4.1) which connects to a Home Automation system. Its manufacturer unfortunately stopped production 3 years ago. The app, as well as the Home Automation system, work perfectly well. Subject manufacturer now also decided a few months ago to take the app out of the Apple App Store.

Now, I would like to install the app on a friend's iPhone so that he can control my Home Automation system as well.

Is there any (?!) mean to get this app to his iPhone?

Many Thanks,

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Hi.

I have an app on my iPhone X (iOS 15.4.1) which connects to a Home Automation system. Its manufacturer unfortunately stopped production 3 years ago. The app, as well as the Home Automation system, work perfectly well. Subject manufacturer now also decided a few months ago to take the app out of the Apple App Store.

Now, I would like to install the app on a friend's iPhone so that he can control my Home Automation system as well.

Is there any (?!) mean to get this app to his iPhone?

Many Thanks,

In a word - no.

If it's not in the App store and the friend had never downloaded it before, it's just not possible I'm afraid.

geohei

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks a lot for the answer!

chain94

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
There is an alternative where you can login your friend's phone with your ID and download that specific app from your purchased list. After that, you can logout from your friend's phone. The app will work even though your ID is not logged in.

geohei

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
There is an alternative where you can login your friend's phone with your ID and download that specific app from your purchased list. After that, you can logout from your friend's phone. The app will work even though your ID is not logged in.
This did the job.
Many thanks !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.