Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

Features a command-line tool to install itself onto your iPhone, including jailbreaking it and downloading the right firmware.

From there it's easy to install 3rd party applications without a Mac. All you need is Wi-fi or EGDE and you can install apps like the NES emulator, Lights Out, MobileTerminal, VNotes (voice recorder) or Apache.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
OK I am a complete noob when it comes to using terminal and commands and such, so even their new "We now have a single command Mac (PPC & Intel) installer for Installer.app, get it here." is beyond me.

The folder contains Installer (which is for the iphone, I assume), fstab, libarmfp.dylib, README, Services.plist, get_installer.sh, and bootstrapper. The readme simply says "Bootstrap to tranfer Installer.app to iPhone

Please run get_installer.sh"

How do I run it? When I run bootstrapper, it says 694-5259-38.dmg could not be opened for reading.
logout
[Process completed]

and I cant "run" anything from there..

like I said, I dont really know what Im doing. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really like to get in on the 3rd party app action.

thanks

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
i've been using this for about a week or so now. LOVE it! such a great way to download new apps and keep your current ones updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.