Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxreese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to install the Boot Camp 3.0 drivers from SL on Vista loaded on my MacBook Air. Unfortunately, I don't have a SuperDrive. I attempted to create an iso image of SL using Disk Utility, but get an error saying that the "disk" is corrupt. Any thoughts?

Thanks

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Isn't the Boot Camp autorun file just an .exe? I think you could take the .exe file off of the disc and just copy it to a USB flash drive.

maxreese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
How can I find the autorun from Mac? All I get when I open the SL disk is
- Install Mac OS X
- Instructions folder
- Optional Installs folder

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
If you're doing this from the Mac side, the files for Windows are probably hidden. You're going to need to temporarily enable hidden files. There's a few ways to do this: with a program, like Onyx. Or in the Terminal, type this:'

Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

Afterwards, you should then turn hidden files off again. To do this, simply reverse the command: replace TRUE with FALSE.

maxreese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
No dice. I was unable to locate the windows specific files in the cd when I tried this. Any other options?

Thanks....

Knipperdolling

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2009
You have to read the DVD from a computer running Windows (native or in a virtual machine does not matter). The DVD is quite tricky, shows it´s content only to the respective file system of the OS used.
From Windows, just copy the files to an USB stick or external hard drive, your mac can read them from there, it´s not about the files but about the DVD´s TOC.

jalalalbasri

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2009
Hi, I'm about to attempt the same thing but have not gotten to the drivers stage yet.

Can you please tell me how you installed XP using bootcamp without an external drive in the first place.

Thanks,
J.

maxreese

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
I actually borrowed the superdrive to install windows, but returned it before installing the 3.0 drivers. There are a couple of mac computer repair places that will install it for you, you might want to look there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.