Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hdmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
Hello, I have been trying to install Mac OS leopard on my iMac with the DVDs that came with the computer, but I can't. I have tried it and there is always a box with a yellow triangle that says install failed. Something like this :

mS3KQ.jpg

What can I do to install it?

Hdmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
What OS is the iMac currently running, and what model iMac is it?
The system is the Leopard. Is an iMac from 10 years ago . Since it was slow I tried to reinstall, but now it doesn't work.
[automerge]1590647453[/automerge]
That Restart button doesn't look like a Leopard button... Are you sure you're trying to install Leopard?
Yes, the Leopard with the DVDs that came with the computer. The image is from the internet, but is a similar box.

RogerWilco6502

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2019
Tír na nÓg
The system is the Leopard. Is an iMac from 10 years ago . Since it was slow I tried to reinstall, but now it doesn't work.
[automerge]1590647453[/automerge]

Yes, the Leopard with the DVDs that came with the computer. The image is from the internet, but is a similar box.
Ok, because it honestly looks like you're trying to install Lion, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks. Also, Snow Leopard would be what would be shipping with 2010 iMacs.

Reactions: Hdmac

Hdmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2020
Ok, because it honestly looks like you're trying to install Lion, Mountain Lion, or Mavericks. Also, Snow Leopard would be what would be shipping with 2010 iMacs.
No, is the Leopard and with the same DVDs that the computer brought, I have done it more times in the past and it worked, but not now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.