Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newfiejudd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
I tried an install on my iPhone 5 and it seems to be just hanging, it got to about 65% completed after I swiped for the upgrade.

What should I do next? Don't want to brick my iPhone.

Thanks

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
I tried an install on my iPhone 5 and it seems to be just hanging, it got to about 65% completed after I swiped for the upgrade.

What should I do next? Don't want to brick my iPhone.

Thanks

Do a hard reset (Hold sleep and home button until the Apple logo appears) and it will finish up lickity split.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
I hate to say it but you probably shouldn't be installing iOS 8, which the beta was announced just over 24 hours ago, on a phone that you're worried about bricking.

If it's for development, you have a developer account, and something renders the in warranty iPhone broken then Apple will help you out. So no worries.

If you're just wanting to play with a shiny new OS and it's not a sure thing that Apple will help you if something goes wrong, then yeah, I wouldn't. At the very least wait for 2-3 beta releases from now.

With that said I'd side with jpetticrew, a hard reset will likely reset it and finish up the install. Worst case you just put it in DFU mode and restore/upgrade it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.