Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilboso

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2013
Hi!

I've read this thread and the "original" MLPostFactor and I have a question: for what I can understand, the main difference is that your method doesn't need to create the various partitons on disk.

Am I right?

=)

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Hi!

I've read this thread and the "original" MLPostFactor and I have a question: for what I can understand, the main difference is that your method doesn't need to create the various partitons on disk.

Am I right?

=)

That and there isn't a need to run an installer after installing the OS unless there is an update. My version also has some bugs that mlpostfactor doesn't but I will fix those :)

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
That and there isn't a need to run an installer after installing the OS unless there is an update. My version also has some bugs that mlpostfactor doesn't but I will fix those :)

Theres always a reason why i choose to let the user have a Install partition.

1. Its does the same thing as Apples "Recovery Partition"
2. It doesn't overwrite onto you're perfectly fine Lion partition.

Other notes:
1. You can't buy ML from the app store if you hava an unsupported mac.
2. iMessage & FT is working.
Hiding files that should be hidden
Caused by failed installation.
4. Getting rid of the "installation failed" after installing the OS
Not gonna be fixed unless you sort out the kextcache issue
5. Wait until the installation completes, then open "Install OS X Mountain Lion" from your applications folder, not from launchpad.
Isnt that the same thing? Launchpad is the applications folder in disguise

And apparently you took our files w/o our consent. :mad:

Last edited:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Theres always a reason why i choose to let the user have a Install partition.

1. Its does the same thing as Apples "Recovery Partition"
2. It doesn't overwrite onto you're perfectly fine Lion partition.

Other notes:
1. You can't buy ML from the app store if you hava an unsupported mac.
2. iMessage & FT is working.

Caused by failed installation.

Not gonna be fixed unless you sort out the kextcache issue

Isnt that the same thing? Launchpad is the applications folder in disguise

I will edit my first post about the mac app store. I am working on getting the files hidden without getting rid of the install failed message. In launchpad it shows two versions of the installer, but not the applications folder. Finally, I couldn't get iMessage to work, it wouldn't connect to the server.

Last edited:

ilboso

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2013

thanks for your reply!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

First, he acknowledged those were files "taken" from you, see his comment below, he even mentioned your name.

Second, I did not download 500+ MB to see what is inside but I guess manipulated files OWNED by APPLE, they are NOT your files!

The only thing he didn't do and should have is to thank you for it.

First off, I do not in any way take any credit for any files that were modded to run mountain lion on unsupported macs HackerWayne and MLForAll patched all of the kexts and files modded. All that I did is simplify what was already done.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
First, he acknowledged those were files "taken" from you, see his comment below, he even mentioned your name.

Second, I did not download 500+ MB to see what is inside but I guess manipulated files OWNED by APPLE, they are NOT your files!

The only thing he didn't do and should have is to thank you for it.

I already went through all of this on his thread. I actually agree with him that these are his files and I shouldn't have taken them without permission because he and mlforall obviously worked really hard to accomplish what they did, so I do thank him for making what I am doing possible.

ramosmax

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
Tested Macbook (early 2008)

I tested a macbook white (early 2008) last night. The installation didn't fail but encounter and error, that's what it's supposed to do? After restarts nothing happened

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I tested a macbook white (early 2008) last night. The installation didn't fail but encounter and error, that's what it's supposed to do? After restarts nothing happened

If you restart holding down the option key, there should be either be a drive labeled "EFI Boot" or whatever partition you installed it on.

ramosmax

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
If you restart holding down the option key, there should be either be a drive labeled "EFI Boot" or whatever partition you installed it on.

I didn't install it in a different partition, is that the only way?

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I didn't install it in a different partition, is that the only way?

I understand that you already installed mountain lion? Do you get the flashing question mark, prohibited sign? Right now, you may have to hold the option key until you boot into the os and change the startup disk from system preferences.

tpmcguire

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Upgrading

I installed ML on my MacPro 1,1 with one of the 1st hacks that enabled you to install on unsupported macs.

This system & boot drive is to be a file server at home with all the files on other partitions/drives. Currently it is on 10.8.2 and iCloud, Facetime and iMessage are not working.

How do I upgrade to 10.8.3 and will it fix the iCloud/FT/iMessage issues?

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I installed ML on my MacPro 1,1 with one of the 1st hacks that enabled you to install on unsupported macs.

This system & boot drive is to be a file server at home with all the files on other partitions/drives. Currently it is on 10.8.2 and iCloud, Facetime and iMessage are not working.

Ask questions on hackerwayne's thread.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I might give it a go at yours
What is difference between yours and Hackerwayne????

I am trying to make mine more simple, but don't try yet because at some time soon I am going to make a new version available which will fix some bugs and take a couple of minutes instead of hours ;)

Last edited:

tpmcguire

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I am trying to make mine more simple, but don't try yet because at some time soon I am going to make a new version available which will fix some bugs and take a couple of minutes instead of hours ;)

Do you have any eta on that?

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Apparently dropbox has a limit on traffic and I have a free account so it will take me a bit to get the link working again (not with dropbox)

Eric Bailey

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2020
I found this if you still experience bugs or glitches. Good Luck!
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640?locale=en_US
Upgrading

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.