Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Has anyone found a way to install or update Java? While Im not a fan, the VPN solution we use at my business relies on Java. I have a test bed set up with Yosemite and this seems to be one of the only pieces that is not functioning properly.

The context is that the Java installer doesn't recognize 10.10 as newer than OS X 10.6, so the install fails.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Has anyone found a way to install or update Java? While Im not a fan, the VPN solution we use at my business relies on Java. I have a test bed set up with Yosemite and this seems to be one of the only pieces that is not functioning properly.

The context is that the Java installer doesn't recognize 10.10 as newer than OS X 10.6, so the install fails.

We have an important piece of software at work that (unfortunately) requires Java. Same story happens every time there's a new version of OS X (the vendor is hesitant to update so it works with the latest version of Java for OS X).

Have you tried multiple installers? I'd guess that Apple will have one available by the time we reach GM.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
We have an important piece of software at work that (unfortunately) requires Java. Same story happens every time there's a new version of OS X (the vendor is hesitant to update so it works with the latest version of Java for OS X).

Have you tried multiple installers? I'd guess that Apple will have one available by the time we reach GM.

By default the website tries to push you to manually download 7u45. Thats fine as its the minimum required for our app. Unfortunately all the builds up to current don't seem to want to install.

Shmanky

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Toronto
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.