Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdnhhs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2017
Hi all

Can I get the steps for installing Win7 on iMac using bootcamp by using HDD.
I did follow some videos on youtube and some information on google but apparently I'm stuck at black screen which there's error " no bootable device."

my currently iMac specs:
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
macOS Sierra ver.10.12.6
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Hope you guys can help me out. Thank you.

rdnhhs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2017
I followed the Bootcamp guidelines but somehow or rather I'm stuck at the black screen with error "no bootable device"

Shouldn't it suppose Bootcamp 5.1.5621 due to your iMac description "(21.5inch, Mid 2011)"
and yes I have Win7 ver5, 64-bits.

kaintxu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2018
Edinburgh
Apple some some reason thought that if you iMac has a CD drive, you don't need to boot from anywhere else (very clever right, they thought everyone would use optical drives forever=

Where do you have the windows iso? how big is it?

Finuh

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2015
Apple some some reason thought that if you iMac has a CD drive, you don't need to boot from anywhere else (very clever right, they thought everyone would use optical drives forever=

Where do you have the windows iso? how big is it?

The iso have 4,3GB. I just burned to a DVD and trying to install from there.. Looks like that will goes well so..

kaintxu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2018
Edinburgh
Yes, having the same issue. Almost installed Windows 10, but then found out sound is not working so need to go back to Win 7 and can't find a damn ISO with a WIM under 4 GB, so I might need to burn it, which I Could really not be bother with and don't currently have a single DVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.