Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max Fire Fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2022
Hi guys, I have try in this week manny ways to install windows 10 in this Imac mid 2011 high sierra, follow steps show on tutorials, some of them use a copy of bootcamp we modify, some of them use disk utility to create partition, but the best result until now is the bootcamp, but my windows 10 fail in install when I format the partition boot camp make for windows install, maybe someone nows a recent tutorial for do this, is possible install windows 11?

burka_tamas

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2018
I have the same conf . As i remember only over dvd (legacy) install is possible. Otherweise i dont had sound on it.
And you need a very old version of win10 wich fits on dvd think this

https://m***.nz/file/5hdFwIiZ#A2H41wEWpovKmjyMQwzfOkzLGLAOgtgH0d-VF7jFN0U

Max Fire Fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2022
I have the same conf . As i remember only over dvd (legacy) install is possible. Otherweise i dont had sound on it.
And you need a very old version of win10 wich fits on dvd think this

https://m***.nz/file/5hdFwIiZ#A2H41wEWpovKmjyMQwzfOkzLGLAOgtgH0d-VF7jFN0U
I read about that alternative, but I am on hope that maybe have another process, I really read a lot about it, on 2 years tutorials look like is so easy, and now I cant get it done, need see if dvd on imac is working and buy a dvd to burn, imac dvd on this machines can read and write big size dvds, if yes I can burn a update version maybe?

Thx for your advice

Max Fire Fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2022

burka_tamas do now what is the exactly version that fit a dvd, found a regular new dvd at home and go try it​

1647705759966.png

burka_tamas

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2018
Try the mega.nz file , as i remember it was really hard to find on the net therefore have i uploded onto mega
Whaz you actually find as downloadable wont work had about 5-7 dvds burnt without succes

Max Fire Fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2022

burka_tamas , look like is working, just pass now the format disk and is installing, since you maybe now this, when I finish update I can update to 11?​

Max Fire Fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2022
Advice for another person with same question, first time I try to dual boot this way give error on partition time in boot camp, I now I make several try with other types of tutorial, so I make a fresh install of macos and discovery the ssd unit have a lot of partitions from the try I make, so maybe is better make a fresh install if things don't run well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.