Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gentoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2003
Well,

I installed Mandrake 9.1 effeciently, I used mac-fdisk to bake a bootstrap partition, all was well.

I have a 3 gig partition for OS 9, and left the other as "Free Space" for Mandrake. Then i booted from a gentoo linux cd and used the "mac-fdisk" utility to make an 800k bootstrap partition. All was well.

Booted from the Mandrake CD, install was flawless, I didn't even have to partition anything it did it all for me, :) .

Install finished.

So, i rebooted, and expected to see the yaboot command line asking to start into the mac os or Mandrake linux.

Nope, it just booted into OS 9.

SO, i took my gentoo CD and booted from that to check the partitions, used mac-fdisk and checked that all partitions were there, they were.

I can't boot into yaboot, help!

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
You might have to activate the partition containing the boot manager. There should be an option given during the Linux installation that says something about installing the boot manager into a partition and setting that partition to active/bootable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.