Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megatron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
Hi, I just installed a new 512 MB stick in my ibook g4.

Like the apple directions said, I unplugged the power wire and took out the battery before installing my ram.

When I booted up, everything was perfectly fine, except for some reason I got a message saying my time was set to before 2001, and when I looked it was set to somewhere in 1969!

Is this normal? I would think the time would have a battery on the motherboard to keep the correct time? But maybe with apple laptops that is in the battery?

Is this normal?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Megatron said:
Hi, I just installed a new 512 MB stick in my ibook g4.

Like the apple directions said, I unplugged the power wire and took out the battery before installing my ram.

When I booted up, everything was perfectly fine, except for some reason I got a message saying my time was set to before 2001, and when I looked it was set to somewhere in 1969!

Is this normal? I would think the time would have a battery on the motherboard to keep the correct time? But maybe with apple laptops that is in the battery?

Is this normal?
Yeah, that sometimes happens, but not all the time. The new RAM might have rest the OS time so it just gave a prompt that it didn't seem right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.