Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avasu01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I successfully installed Sierra on my mid-2009 MacBook using the patch tool. Seems to work pretty well so far (not as fast as my i7 MacBook!). Luckily haven't had any wifi issues or any of the other problems that I've read on other threads.

However I did notice that my iSight is not working. Whenever I open the Facetime app or Photo Booth I get an error saying that there's no camera available. I also looked up the system report and under "Camera" it says "No video capture devices were found.".

Any ideas?

idoccurt

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2006
Just upgraded to 10.12.4. Apparently a huge mistake...cannot even login,,I get to login screen and cannot do anything further from there. Keyboard doesn't type or anything. Cannot get to disk utility to fix. Suggestions? before this my sierra was working fine on mid 2009 mbp

foxlet

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2016
Just upgraded to 10.12.4. Apparently a huge mistake...cannot even login,,I get to login screen and cannot do anything further from there. Keyboard doesn't type or anything. Cannot get to disk utility to fix. Suggestions? before this my sierra was working fine on mid 2009 mbp

Can you try the following?

https://swdist.furcode.co/bin/EFITools.zip
  1. Drop the contents of the ZIP (only startup.nsh and the EFI folder) onto a FAT32 flash drive.
  2. Hold Option with the drive inserted, turn on the computer, then select "EFI Boot"
  3. Let the system boot, and hopefully you should regain control of the keyboard.
It should override any kernel options that prevent existing extensions from loading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.