Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brand

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Let me start out by saying that in no way am I complaining and am very appreciative for all the hard work that has went into Installer.app and the packages created for it. I just had a few ideas that I wanted to through out there and see what people thought and hopefully get the creators of Installer.app think about implementing them.

It seems to me that Installer.app should have a menu of sorts instead of listing all the packages in one long list. As more packages get added to the installer the list is going to continue to grow in length so it would be nice to have a main menu to chose the type of packages you would like to look at.

Another nice thing would be some sort of visual identifier or different icon for a package that is new to the installer list since new packages seem to be appearing almost daily it can be hard to differentiate between existing packages and new packages.

One last thing that would be nice would be an actual webpage for Installer.app that actually listed the packages available and some information about them.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Let me start out by saying that in no way am I complaining and am very appreciative for all the hard work that has went into Installer.app and the packages created for it. I just had a few ideas that I wanted to through out there and see what people thought and hopefully get the creators of Installer.app think about implementing them.

It seems to me that Installer.app should have a menu of sorts instead of listing all the packages in one long list. As more packages get added to the installer the list is going to continue to grow in length so it would be nice to have a main menu to chose the type of packages you would like to look at.

Another nice thing would be some sort of visual identifier or different icon for a package that is new to the installer list since new packages seem to be appearing almost daily it can be hard to differentiate between existing packages and new packages.

One last thing that would be nice would be an actual webpage for Installer.app that actually listed the packages available and some information about them.

I agree, I at least think that when a new package gets put into installer, when you open installer it chimes to let you know, much the same as when an update comes for an existing package you have installed. :)

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
I agree 100%. I didn't really mind until today, when 20 dictionaries showed up, whoever uploaded those should be... well... idk i'm just annoyed that I have a ton of stuff i'll never want to use showing up now :/

and please remove that damn iPhone Doom... it doesn't even show anything in game, izune sucks too but at least it works.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
I would love a site with more descriptions, with screenshots as well. But I have zero complaints for far. I was amazed with the amount of dictionaries too lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.