Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I used the new(ish) GUI installer to get intaller.app on my iPhone, and after fooling around with it for a couple of days, I decided I don't really have any need for 3rd party apps.

My question is: To uninstall, can I just restore my iPhone through iTunes or do I have to run the AppTapp Installer again?

Please help me out, and thanks in advance.

Malamutt

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I used the new(ish) GUI installer to get intaller.app on my iPhone, and after fooling around with it for a couple of days, I decided I don't really have any need for 3rd party apps.

My question is: To uninstall, can I just restore my iPhone through iTunes or do I have to run the AppTapp Installer again?

Please help me out, and thanks in advance.

You can do a restore or you can remove it through the Uninstall feature on the Installer.app menu.

Your call but if you really don't ever plan on installing 3rd party apps. Sync your phone and then do a restore. That way you don't have to worry about the next update screwing up your iPhone.

:apple:Malamutt

blackbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Thanks, Malamutt.

For what it's worth, I'll just go with a full restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.