Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhonatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
nj
I've done about 30 minutes of searching these forums, and google, for a way to change the MMS message alert. The only result I found was through ifuntastic, which i don't want to use. What files do I need to change so I can get a different MMS sound?

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
no has to be a .caf file

i guess export the mp3 to aiff and aiff to caf in quicktime pro, ive done this before, but forgot how...

or rename the .aiff to .caf

i really forgot...

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Just did some exploring with the finder App. I do not have an "Audio" section under library. The only thing I could find was library/sms/sms.db which i think is a database file. I also have a "ringtones" folder which is completly empty.

You're in the wrong path.

Path:

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds/

iPhonatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
nj
You're in the wrong path.

Path:

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds/

i feel like a real schmuck here, but i cannot find "system" anywhere in the finder app. When i load it my options are Library, and Media. what am i doing wrong?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
that can be done using cyberduck, right?
can i just rename an mp3 file caf and it will work? not sure what aiff is and don't have QTP.

badnox

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
can't seem to change sms alert tone

I used the "finder" app and followed the path to UI sounds, now what do I do to change the alert tone to a different sound or song etc. ? hope someone can help me???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.