Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helix21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Anyone else having the same trouble as me?

I've downloaded the installer from the App Store twice and both times I get the same problem. I get to the "Choose Disk" screen and as soon as I do that, the installer freezes, crashes and quits.

I'm running 10.9.3 on a late 2008 Aluminium MacBook (supported according to the release notes).

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
Anyone else having the same trouble as me?

I've downloaded the installer from the App Store twice and both times I get the same problem. I get to the "Choose Disk" screen and as soon as I do that, the installer freezes, crashes and quits.

I'm running 10.9.3 on a late 2008 Aluminium MacBook (supported according to the release notes).

Do you have a non-standard partitioning scheme? Do you have a Recovery partition for 10.9.3?

helix21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
I do have BOOTCAMP installed but have never had a recovery partition (My mac doesn't support that feature).

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I do have BOOTCAMP installed but have never had a recovery partition (My mac doesn't support that feature).

I think you have the recovery partition confused with Internet Recovery. Internet Recovery is installed via an EFI update on some computers that shipping before 10.7 and all computers that shipped with 10.7+.

The Recovery Partition is just a regular bootable partition and should be a separate partition usually labeled Recovery-10.9.3 and should be available on the boot picker screen. If you do not have it, that is probably why your installer is crashing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.