Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nightwatch45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
I’m currently running opencore legacy patcher on Mac Pro 5,1 with Monterey. Everything is pretty much working fine apart from kernel extensions- have a few for audio stuff - plugins and hardware and no idea how to get them working as like with camera and mic you don’t get asked permissions to allow them to run. Any suggestions. One is codemeter and the the other is for hardware. Could I put them in EFI partition and add them to config plist some how? Would that work - could try it on usb EFI first as a test. Any help gratefully received.

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
Could I put them in EFI partition and add them to config plist some how? Would that work - could try it on usb EFI first as a test. Any help gratefully received.
This approach is very logical as the biggest advantage of using OC is to inject kexts "on the fly" into the kernel cache. I tried doing the opposite(taking the kexts out of EFI and putting them into the System/Extensions folders, rebuilding the cache etc.) and it did not work.
Unfortunately I don't have the experience to help you implement your idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.