Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethebook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
I run Mojave (OS 10.14.6) on a late 2014 Mac Mini and thought there should be no problem in installing Aperture 2 but I get an error message of incompatability that suggests I might still be able to install but that is might fail or cause damage. Aperture 3 appears to be compatible from what your forum says but I need to install Aperture 2 first. Can anyone help please?
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 15.32.07.png

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Hi. I tried to install Aperture latest version 3 years ago. I never could. I boot my iMac from external SSD's each one having a different macOS on it. Right now I have disconnected the SSD's with older OS (my 2013 iMac runs on Catalina but that's the end of the line for him) but I remember Aperture would run fine on High Sierra so I booted up the iMac with HS and used Aperture instead of Mojave. Can this be a solution for you?

Last edited:

mikethebook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Thanks for your thoughts. I only have the one computer, a Mac Mini with three backup SSDs. But I'll mull over what you've shared. Certainly have access to a drive running High Sierra makes some sense.

mikethebook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Thanks very much. I've checked that out and apparently, to use Retroactive, Aperture needs to be already installed on the computer which is not the case. I can't install it right now without warning signs.

Last edited:

mikethebook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
I've tried without success. I had the same error message I posted at the beginning. I'm wondering whether my computer does not have the right graphics card to run Aperture. Intel Iris 1536 MB is not listed for possible graphics cards for Aperture under system requirements.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
I've tried without success. I had the same error message I posted at the beginning. I'm wondering whether my computer does not have the right graphics card to run Aperture. Intel Iris 1536 MB is not listed for possible graphics cards for Aperture under system requirements.
Try "Install anyway". Who knows. I'll try this Retroactive app on my iMac-Catalina. Still miss Aperture.

mikethebook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
I don't like the part of the message where it says "installing this package may damage your system."
And if I don't have a compatible graphics card, it probably won't work anyway. Disapointing though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.