Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aslauga

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
I have just bought myself a new iBook G4 and tried to install my version of Dreamweaver 4 which I had for my pc on it. However, the Install icons are .exe files, even though the Dreamweaver manual says to just double-click the icon even on a Mac, needless to say this doesn't work, but I can't see what else to do. It's definitely compatible with Macs - it says so on the box, and I've tried opening it in Classic, but beyond that I'm stuck!

I'm a relatively new Mac user

Thanks

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2003
dreamweaver 4

Is this the pre-MX dreamweaver 4? If so, I wouldn't bet that it would be compatible with 10.3.

I just installed Dreamweaver MX2004 and it opened automatically, mounted a disk image on the desktop, and it was drag-and-drop after that.

You might have too early a version of DW for 10.3, I'm thinking.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
My Dreamweaver 4 CD says "power macintosh" on it and says nothing about Windows. My CD has something called "Studio 4 installer" on it, which my computer recognizes as a Classic application. I'm running Dreamweaver MX now, but I could run 4 in classic mode under Jaguar. If you get it to run, it will definitely be in classic mode.

If you can't find a mac installer on your CD, I suspect you've got a Windows-only CD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.