Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSR_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2019
Solved: Just needed to reset my nvram. See crjackson2134's post (#3)

I have a 2010 Mac Pro in a dual boot setup with macOS High Sierra, and Widows 10. I decided to install HSF+ by Paragon so I could read my drives formatted for Mac, and it worked. But then, when I was in macOS and decided to boot into Windows 10 from system preferences, I got the error "The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk." WHAT THE. After some research, I found out that many people had problems with HSF, and I tried making my Windows 10 drive EFI bootable with Winclone and that didn't work, and then I tried using the "Repair your computer" function in the Windows 10 and that didn't work. Uninstalling the software also didn't help so I decided to do a fresh install of Windows, and that didn't help either, I still can't choose BOOTCAMP from system preferences. This whole time I've been able to boot into whatever the heck I want by holding down option while booting, but I want full functionality...

If anyone has any idea what could be going on, let me know.

Thanks,

Jeremy

(The kid who wants to sue Paragon)

Last edited:

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I have a 2010 Mac Pro in a dual boot setup with macOS High Sierra, and Widows 10. I decided to install HSF+ by Paragon so I could read my drives formatted for Mac, and it worked. But then, when I was in macOS and decided to boot into Windows 10 from system preferences, I got the error "The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk." WHAT THE. After some research, I found out that many people had problems with HSF, and I tried making my Windows 10 drive EFI bootable with Winclone and that didn't work, and then I tried using the "Repair your computer" function in the Windows 10 and that didn't work. Uninstalling the software also didn't help so I decided to do a fresh install of Windows, and that didn't help either, I still can't choose BOOTCAMP from system preferences. This whole time I've been able to boot into whatever the heck I want by holding down option while booting, but I want full functionality...

If anyone has any idea what could be going on, let me know.

Thanks,

Jeremy

(The kid who wants to sue Paragon)

Honestly this happens to me from time to time, an NVRAM reset always fixes it (the bless error) for me. Unfortunately you probably hosed it with your UEFI conversation attempt. I’m sure that since you have Winclone, you made regular backups of your drive. Winclone has saved me on multiple occasions. Use your backup and restore to the last working configuration.

Reactions: JSR_

JSR_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2019
Can you Option Boot?
"This whole time I've been able to boot into whatever the heck I want by holding down option while booting..." -JSR
[doublepost=1557613100][/doublepost]
Honestly this happens to me from time to time, an NVRAM reset always fixes it (the bless error) for me. Unfortunately you probably hosed it with your UEFI conversation attempt. I’m sure that since you have Winclone, you made regular backups of your drive. Winclone has saved me on multiple occasions. Use your backup and restore to the last working configuration.
Thankyouuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!! #back2basics xd

Reactions: crjackson2134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.