Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mconnors5862

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
If I only have an iPhone6 and I am wanting to install ios13... if it is not listed in the updates on my phone.. does that mean it can’t be installed???

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
If I only have an iPhone6 and I am wanting to install ios13... if it is not listed in the updates on my phone.. does that mean it can’t be installed???
The iPhone 6 does not support iOS 13, so you will not be able to install it on there.

Mconnors5862

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
Thank you .. I like to think I am intelligent, but when it comes to this stuff I feel like a total idiot.. lol.. at the risk of sounding even more like an idiot..why then.. in all of the articles I found it says 13 and 14 are compatible with this phone? I know I need to upgrade, but I just like this phone..procrastination.. I guess.. anyway, thank you for your prompt response ?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Thank you .. I like to think I am intelligent, but when it comes to this stuff I feel like a total idiot.. lol.. at the risk of sounding even more like an idiot..why then.. in all of the articles I found it says 13 and 14 are compatible with this phone? I know I need to upgrade, but I just like this phone..procrastination.. I guess.. anyway, thank you for your prompt response ?
The 6s is still supported in the newer iOS versions, but the 6 is not. Refer to this document: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/supported-iphone-models-iphe3fa5df43/ios

Reactions: Mconnors5862
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.