Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igorcv88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Brazil
Hi,
I would like to know some things about instaling the the OS X Mavericks in my Macbook. First of All, will I lose everything in my mac? Like a Restore on the iPhone; Or Will it keep everything in it's place? Like an Update on the iPhone.

And, to install it, is it just like installing the GM version*?

*Yes, I know about the risks of installing it directly in my system, and I am willing to take them.
**I am going to install the DP 1, than the DP2.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Normally no data of yours and settings and applications you installed will be lost, but just in case, do a backup before upgrading to OS X 10.9 Mavericks, if your MacBook supports OS X 10.9 Mavericks to begin with.

igorcv88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Brazil
Normally no data of yours and settings and applications you installed will be lost, but just in case, do a backup before upgrading to OS X 10.9 Mavericks, if your MacBook supports OS X 10.9 Mavericks to begin with.

It does support Mavericks. Thank You!

Cisco_Kid

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2005
British Columbia
Hi,
I would like to know some things about instaling the the OS X Mavericks in my Macbook. First of All, will I lose everything in my mac? Like a Restore on the iPhone; Or Will it keep everything in it's place? Like an Update on the iPhone.

And, to install it, is it just like installing the GM version*?

*Yes, I know about the risks of installing it directly in my system, and I am willing to take them.
**I am going to install the DP 1, than the DP2.

If you would login to your developer account you will have all the installation information necessary to help you, speaking to your question about GM Version, it will seem very similar to Lion and Mountain Lion, Apple this time has said you will not be able to move from the DP to the GM... however in the past that has changed.

DP2 and DP3 are installed though Software Update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.