Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackMacWindows

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
Power Planet G4
I am trying to install OS X Mavericks on my Late 2007 MacBook with MacPostFactor. I managed to create the disk under 10.6 (with some editing of the scripts), and after changing the boot.efi, I was able to boot to the installer disk. But now that I have booted, the installer shows no available disks to install to and says "This disk hasn't the necessary available space to install OS X Mavericks!" (of course, since no drive is shown). I currently have a 10.6.8 partition that I want to keep as well as the partition I want to install OS X onto, which had 10.5.8, but now is erased. Do I need to have Lion installed on the target partition? If not, how can I fix this problem?

JackMacWindows

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2016
Power Planet G4
I figured out what the problem was. I had a ' in one of the drive's names, which messed up the disk detection script. The MacPostFactor developers should fix this problem by escaping the special characters that could mess up their scripts. My MacBook is now installing Mavericks just fine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.