Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoelessone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Hello all!

I'm a web / software developer and a client is reporting bugs in Safari 9. A friend that has Safari 9 was able to reproduce the issue, but I need to actually look at the page / javascript errors / etc myself to figure out what's going on / debug / test.

I've googled of course, and even found some threads here, but most of them dealt with significantly older versions of Safari and most of the methods / tools suggested are no longer available / supported.

I'm wondering if somebody can point me down a path of installing Safari 9 in on my macOS Sierra install.

Thank you for any help!! <3

shoelessone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Thanks for the reply!

I'lll go through that if needed of course, but to be honest I'm hoping for something less time intensive :(

Thank you!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Thanks for the reply!

I'lll go through that if needed of course, but to be honest I'm hoping for something less time intensive :(

Thank you!
Safari is too integrated into the macOS to be able to backdate it like that. Running an older version in a virtual machine is your only viable option if you don't have a separate computer.

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
Hello all!

I'm a web / software developer and a client ...

In the long run, someone doing this professionally should have appropriate test machines. The best solution would be to acquire an older Mac that originally ran 10.7, or so. You can then add a second HD, external if necessary, that has multiple partitions. Install 10.7, or whatever old OS you intend to support, on the machine, clone the installation to each of the partitions on the second drive, and then upgrade each of the second drive's partitions on one of the newer OS versions up to the newest the machine accepts.

Reactions: old-wiz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.