Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dagger55

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Austin, TX
After a 20 hour wait, my phone is now functional.

Here is what had to be done.

I spoke with a helpful customer rep (which seem to be one out of every 20 reps) at this number 877-800-3701

Call up the rep and inform them you would like to cancel your activation request and restart. They can reset the request, which allows you to go in and set up a new activation request.

Instead of signing up for a transfer request, sign up for a new AT&T account. My iPhone was literally activated instantly. I can now use all the functions, as well as make calls and receive them (on the temp number)

ATT took care of the porting for me next. I spoke with a lady in the porting department, and we had everything set up in a matter of minutes. I now have my Verizon number on my iPhone

Feel free to ask questions and I will answer. I do know that if you obtained a credit check in store, you can use the same code again when you attempt to resubmit.

This should speed things along

jmacdonagh

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2007
I have heard that if you choose a new number you'll have to jump through hoops to port over your old number later.

dagger55

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Austin, TX
I have heard that if you choose a new number you'll have to jump through hoops to port over your old number later.

Update:

AT&T took care of the porting process for me. I now have my verizon number on my iPhone. Didnt even have to call Verizon.

iPhone70115

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
Dagger-

I did what you said by calling & canceling/restarting the activation process to get a new number.

Now, i go to iTunes and it still is stuck at the "your activation requires more time screen"

How did you get this to go away and TRULY restart the process?

Thanks

dagger55

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Austin, TX
Dagger-

I did what you said by calling & canceling/restarting the activation process to get a new number.

Now, i go to iTunes and it still is stuck at the "your activation requires more time screen"

How did you get this to go away and TRULY restart the process?

Thanks

I just unplugged the iPhone and restarted the process by clicking the continue button that was now available in iTunes. I also kept the rep on the line until I was sure I was going to be able to get the new activation started.

Sorry for the long time to respond.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.