Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
I get what Apple is trying to do with mountain lion, and i love it. But sometime, i wish my ipad/iphone was a bit more like os X. Things like a file system would help for instance. Are there os x only features you would like to see on iOS?

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Honestly, I like the way Apple is moving with Mountain Lion. Only app or OS X feature I'd like to see on my iOS devices is something like Little Snitch where I can see who/what is accessing the internet and possibly what information are they trying to gather.

File System, meh. I wanted a true iOS file system when I got my first iPhone in 07. Since the 3GS in 09, I haven't cared about it. I have apps that can access parts of the phone in case I need to upload an picture, video or whatever.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Scriptability would be nice.
Doing the same tasks over and over again, manually, gets annoying.
Applescript is probably out for all time, but something similar to Automator could probably be implemented sanely on iOS.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think many people here would love the ability to do some more under the hood type things, including myself but that's just not going to happen.

Apple is moving in OSX closer to iOS. Perhaps not feature parity wise but in spirit. Features that once were easily available on OSX are more controlled. The ~/Library is an example of apple removing something in Lion

Apple is too controlling to open things up, I'm not stating that to be trolling but just from my observation. I fully expect in future versions of OSX, it will be harder to run non MAS applications. Apple will be pushing hard to ensure developers to use the Mac App Store

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
The future Mac for most people will be an iPhone running OS X, in the same way as laptops dominate today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.