Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Hello all,
I am running the iOS 9 public beta on my iPad Air 1. Everything has been going pretty well with it, except for one thing---the "Intel Education Study" app is not working, it just crashes on launch. I'm thinking that it isn't compatible with iOS 9. I need this app so that I can access textbooks for school coming up in a few weeks, but fortunately I can still use the web reader. It's just much nicer and easier to use the app, so does anyone know any way possible to get this app working on the iOS 9 PB?
Thanks,
JerTheGeek

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Hello all,
I am running the iOS 9 public beta on my iPad Air 1. Everything has been going pretty well with it, except for one thing---the "Intel Education Study" app is not working, it just crashes on launch. I'm thinking that it isn't compatible with iOS 9. I need this app so that I can access textbooks for school coming up in a few weeks, but fortunately I can still use the web reader. It's just much nicer and easier to use the app, so does anyone know any way possible to get this app working on the iOS 9 PB?
Thanks,
JerTheGeek

Go back to 8.4 or wait for the app developer to post an update. Only options you have at the moment.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Go back to 8.4 or wait for the app developer to post an update. Only options you have at the moment.
Are developers able to update apps with compatibility for iOS 9 before iOS 9 is officially available?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Are developers able to update apps with compatibility for iOS 9 before iOS 9 is officially available?

They can attempt to fix bugs using the iOS 8.4 SDK, however it's typically a bit more difficult because it's not made to support iOS 8 apps. Devs cannot submit apps made with the iOS 9 SDK until the Gold Master is released (which likely won't be till early September at the iPhone event).

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If you had the app installed prior to updating to iOS 9 beta I've heard people uninstalling apps and reinstalling sometimes fixed instant app crashing on launch.

If that does nothing then it's just a matter of having to wait it out or revert back to 8.4.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sometimes a new beta itself could get some apps working--happened with a couple apps that I've had issues with.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
If you had the app installed prior to updating to iOS 9 beta I've heard people uninstalling apps and reinstalling sometimes fixed instant app crashing on launch.

If that does nothing then it's just a matter of having to wait it out or revert back to 8.4.
I tried that. Didn't work unfortunately.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
If I was to DL the 8.4.1 .ipsw file, could I hold down shift and then click update in iTunes to install 8.4.1 without losing data?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.