Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
Do any of you remember that AppleInsider article saying Apple was making an Intel eMac based on the iMac design? I was looking around Apple's site and under Events they have NECC, the National Educational Computing Conference, from July 4 -7. Seems kinda convenient. What do you guys think?

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Nope, the OP is right - Apple Insider did have a report saying that updated eMacs with Intel Chips may be arriving soon...

Personally, however, when I look at Apple's current product lineup, I don't see a need for another computer with a built-in screen. I believe that a headless tower that featured iMac internals would be more appropriate...but I'm probably wrong.

Either way, Apple could definitely release something at this conference - I don't see why not - but I'm not sure if they've released something at this conference in the past???

Oh, and to the 2nd poster - Apple continues to support the eMac (there was a recent front-page news story about it...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.