Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nichod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Anyone think that Apple might get a more recent driver update for the x3100 GPU? Both Linux and Windows offer better x3100 support. Anyone think its likely we'll see updates with all the new hardware coming?

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Anyone think that Apple might get a more recent driver update for the x3100 GPU? Both Linux and Windows offer better x3100 support. Anyone think its likely we'll see updates with all the new hardware coming?

Let's hope so. It also seems strange that it is restricted to 128 mb, when it can support 256 mb. If you have 4 gigs of RAM, there's no reason not to have that (unless it creates a bottle neck).

Nichod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
My thing is that Apple video drivers always seem outdated. The 950 was actually a bit better.

VigCS

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2007
Washington D.C., USA
I'd like to see it too. I can run WoW on my macbook at ~35 fps out on my own. However, I'd think that even integrated graphics should be able to do better than that.

I've read that the x3100 performs the best in windows XP...I'm tempted to try it. Hopefully apple or somebody will release some nice drivers for it so we can get some decent performance.

That said, I didn't buy this thing to be a gaming machine, but one can hope :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.