Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JammyOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Hi all,

Anyone know if I write an application (C++, CodeWarrior) and compile it on the new Intel based mac platform, under OSX will I be able to run my application on the Non Intel based OSX machines?

In development we are going to test the Intel based machines but all of the other machines in the company are not yet upgraded ofcourse.

Thanks,

Jammy

hopejr

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2005
New South Wales, Australia
You can't use Codewarrior to compile intel binaries. You can easily do so using XCode 2.1 and higher, but you need to have Universal Binary libraries installed (usually done by default iirc).
You need to follow the instructions from Apple to convert your Codewarrior project to an Xcode project so that you can create universal binaries. I'll look for the info and post a link soon.

edit: here's the link: http://developer.apple.com/tools/movingfromcodewarrior.html

edit 2: if you do this, you can have them run on both ppc and intel (hence universal).

JammyOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
That is a great reply. Exactly what I needed to know, thank you. Although not looking forward to converting over to XCode 2, it should be fun :D

Thanks,
Jammy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.