Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
London
got an intellimouse, the cheaper one with side buttons, but after sleep the mouse is unusable unless unplugged and plugged back in, im having trouble finding the appropriate driver download though (tiger) somone else overcome this? could some one point me in the right direction please, thanks

4nr-

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
Göteborg, Sweden
thats a common intellimouse problem. I have a 4.0 and all the latest drivers installed both on my windows partition and in os x and I'm forced to reconnect my mouse in both systems. I had the same problem on my old windows machine. There's no fix, I think it's a hardware problem, the intellimouse chords have always brought trouble. If you contact ms I'm sure they'll send you a replacement but I chose not too, I got used to unplugging and plugging it in again.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
You can get the drivers here, the Mac option seems to be right at the bottom of the Operating System choice box.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
London
thanks, couldnt find that download page, so much gumpth on there, ill try it later and post, downloading at mo so cant reboot

4nr-

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
Göteborg, Sweden
thats a common intellimouse problem. I have a 4.0 and all the latest drivers installed both on my windows partition and in os x and I'm forced to reconnect my mouse in both systems. I had the same problem on my old windows machine. There's no fix, I think it's a hardware problem, the intellimouse chords have always brought trouble. If you contact ms I'm sure they'll send you a replacement but I chose not too, I got used to unplugging and plugging it in again.

read this!!!

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Um, I have an intellimouse (regular, explorer, and explorer 3.0... or was it 4.0) and I've never come across this problem. Not like it helps, but I just wanted to chime in.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Um, I have an intellimouse (regular, explorer, and explorer 3.0... or was it 4.0) and I've never come across this problem. Not like it helps, but I just wanted to chime in.

Yeah, I have the wireless explorer version 2.0 and don't get that problem with the drivers or the hardware. Also had the wired explorer version 3.0A and that didn't require any extra drivers, so didn't get the problem. Oh well. *Touch wood*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.