Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Was gutted to see this morning Black Mirror wouldn't work on the Apple TV. Seems like it's just newer Smart TV's that have the functionality to support interactive content, along with iOS and Android (for some shows only).

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/62...C6E04B43BB556456231C&lkid=URL_HELP&lnktrk=EMP

Seems mad that Netflix haven't updated the app for the Apple TV given how high profile the show is.

I am also puzzled, it just left, right and OK or in Apple remote speak swipe left or right en hit OK.

Can’t imagine there is an API issue with Apple, because on iOS it works. Maybe they submitted their latest version too late to the Appstore minions at Apple and that department is always closed between Xmas and New Year.

Enigmalady777

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2017
Southern California
It works on a Roku. I have both Apple TV and Roku and I just tested it on Roku and it works. I really wish Netflix would update their app on Apple TV though. I prefer the Apple TV because the remote does more (turns TV on/off, adjusts volume) and my Roku (an older version obviously) doesn't do that.

brandscill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I am also puzzled, it just left, right and OK or in Apple remote speak swipe left or right en hit OK.

Can’t imagine there is an API issue with Apple, because on iOS it works. Maybe they submitted their latest version too late to the Appstore minions at Apple and that department is always closed between Xmas and New Year.

I wondered this as well but there have been interactive titles before so this isn’t the first time it’s been a problem.

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
it's probably because on iOS they use their own video player but on Apple TV they use Apples built in video player which isn't supporting interactive content.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
I was surprised at this too given how easy it would be to use with the remote. Watched on my PS4 instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.